The Buttonhole Buster™ – The Solution for Sewing Buttonholes in Those Impossible Places
What is the Buttonhole Buster™
The Buttonhole Buster™ – the solution for sewing buttonholes in those impossible places: collar bands, narrow cuffs, and areas with lumpy, bumpy seams such as thick seam allowances in small places.
- The bi-level bottom of the Buttonhole Buster™ is its creative feature:
- The unique bottom allows the presser foot to fit snugly where thick seams that cause the general purpose or buttonhole foot to sit unbalanced.
- Narrow pattern pieces such as collars and neck bands are examples of where seam allowances cause the presser foot to wobble due to uneven thickness.
- To use Using the general purpose,
- lower the presser foot into the grooved out section of the Buttonhole Buster™, between the long front feet, and continue sewing the buttonhole.
- The grooved out area holds the presser foot in place while the elongated feet press the fabric firmly for a smooth even feed, helping to eliminate skipped stitches.
- Use the metric/inch measures to gauge buttonhole length.
- Placing interfacing between the fashion fabric and the facing will help insure perfect buttonholes in impossible places.
- To assist with sewing buttons with shanks, use the keyhole opening on the opposite end of the foot.
- Hint – use a piece of Velcro to attach it to your sewing machine, right next to your The Hump Jumper® – you’ll always have it handy!
- Add your Buttonhole Buster™ to notion box, right next to the Hump Jumper® and Puts-it™, you will have the sewing notions that solve such frustrating problems!
The Buttonhole Buster™ is designed to help make better buttonholes. Remember; before you start your buttonhole make sure you complete the prep work: placement, measurement, interfacing, and double check buttonhole length with circumference and diameter of the chosen button.